Friday 8 February 2013

Browsers

Since I spend quite a lot of time on Internet, browsers happen to be something I work alot with. Therefore I quite enjoy trying out different ones and see what they have to offer, but to this day I haven't managed to find a browser that is flawless, and my ideal one would probably be a mixture of all three. This week I experienced with importing bookmarks, since it's a feature that is vital to my job and I have managed to do it succesfully. Below I'll explain some of the features of all three that I like:

Firefox

The thing that got me attracted to this browser initially was the fact that at the time this one was the only one that offered "Tabs". I know these days most of them do offer that but back then it was a novelty thing and I found it very useful. The other thing I found unique was the fact that it was so customisable, with all different themes and skins and I enjoyed playing around with that to make it more "me". Another useful feature which even to this day I prefer over the other browsers was the download manager. The fact that you can pause your downloading or completely stop it has proved to be very useful to me. So out of all three I would vote this one to be my favourite

Google Chrome

This one is a relatively new one for me. But the feature that got me attracted to it in the first place was the "pop op" blocker feature. I thought it was much more superior to other browsers. The other thing was the "Incognito" mode which allows you to browse without anything being logged. I think for people like me who do alot of online shopping and banking this is a great feature especially if you happen to share a computer.

Internet Explorer

Well what can I say, it's a bit like an old pair of comfortable boots that I find it difficult to part with. It's the first browser I ever used therefore I'm quite familiar with it. To be honest even to this day I do prefer the layout of it over the other two, especially the way your bookmarks (favourites) are displayed and to be fair with every upgrade it has managed to keep up with its rivals (i.e the tab feature). But unfortunately it is still much slower than the other two. So although I do use it for work, because I do rely on my bookmarks alot and in regards to that it is the best browser, but at home I stick to Chrome and Firefox.


2 comments:

  1. A very useful overview Azadeh. It has encouraged me to look at these features on Firefox and Chrome especially if you find these browsers quicker than Internet explorer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found that useful. Best of luck in finding a browser that works best for you

      Delete